I decided to buy myself a gaming laptop in November. This is my first gaming laptop, ever. I’ve been a desktop gamer for the last 15 years and I thought I’d treat myself this year. This is also very handy for programming and content creation.
The MSI GE75 Raider laptop was on sale at Costco for about $1300 (shipping and taxes included). Here are some specs:
- Processor: 10th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-10750H Processor
- Memory: 16GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM
- Drives: 512GB NVMe Solid State Drive + 1TB Hard Disk Drive
- Graphics: 6GB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 GPU
- Video: 17.3″ FHD 144Hz 3ms Display
- Keyboard: Steel Series RGB Backlight Keyboard with Anti-Ghost Key + Silver Lining
- Power: 6-Cell 51Wh Li-Ion Battery with a pretty heavy power cord
- Weight: 5.75 lbs. (pretty heavy for a laptop)
I’ve used it for gaming (Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and League of Legends so far), programming (mostly Python work), and video editing (part of this video below was edited through After Effects on this laptop).
It works really well and I’m happy with it. Using my Costco VISA card also provides the added benefit of getting 4 years of free warranty with this thing which is amazing.
Check out the video review below for more info on the laptop. Have questions? Ask away!